Thursday, September 17, 2015

First letter!

September 11, 2015
I'm not even sure where to start, but um my companion is elder Yeager. He's shorter than me which I pretty awesome and just as hairy! He's a bit of a spaz but we get along pretty well. These first day
days have been pretty brutal.. I miss home a lot and everyone at home. Our district is awesome. We all get along really well and laugh and keep things chill but they're also spiritual when they're supposed to be. The mtc is definitely a big shock. The days go by quickly because they are shoving so much at us but then at night it feels like we've been here for years. I'm definitely learning tons and getting a better understanding of how missionary works. I've seen Luke and kaleb and jake Holman which has been a nice comfort. I'm super excited to see Liam. Our whole zone is all new missionaries which Is nice. There's mostly elders, but there are sister in it as well. Our zone is split up into missionaries going to DC, Chicago, and New York. There are tons going to DC south. The foods good and I can definitely see how people gain a million pounds. I'm making sure to not eat tons and
we've made sure to move around a stay active. Our days are all different but it mostly consists of breakfast, class or zone teaching, lunch, more class and learning things, dinner, and more lessons. all
the other missionaries are great and friendly which makes things easier. My companion and I are the district priesthood instructors amid we have no clue what that means but hopefully it's a good
learning experience. It's been pretty rough and I'm definitely wishing I was home but I know this is where I'm supposed to be even if it's quite difficult.. I'm hoping i can get the feel of things better and
feel better but the spirit is great and we're naming it as fun as we can. Hopefully I answered all questions. I'm definitely missing home and everyone but it's good and I can't wait to get out of the mtc and into the field. We've also got iPads so I can see your emails or get your letters everyday, but I can't respond until P day. Hope all is well at home and everything is just dandy. I wish I could call and share everything And hear everything. The church is true and the gospel is awesome!
Love Parker
 
P.S.  So we failed to pack me shampoo or body wash... I also need more than one part of gym shorts and more than 2 t-shirts.. Everything else is good. I'm super homesick and it's very hard but it's been good and we're making it fun. I love you all and miss you and wish I could be home relaxing but I know I'll be blessed and thankful later down the road and I know my testimony will be strengthened.


No comments:

Post a Comment